Driveshaft Shop 5" Aluminum Driveshaft ******NEED MEASUREMENTS****** - 2014+ Dodge RAM R/T Single Cab - DGSH7-A
Driveshaft Shop dgsh7-a
- Part Number:
- Email us for availability
- Order Terms:
- Due to supply chain issues, this brand has production delays and is special order. If you have a question about delivery time, please contact us prior to purchase. Please do not order unless you can wait.
Now available from The Driveshaft Shop, our 5" diameter CV driveshaft for the 2014+ RAM R/T Single Cab truck was brought to be to replace the notoriously weak, noisy 2-piece factory shafts.
The stock shaft has a male and female slider type construction. Naturally, anything that needs to slide has to have a little play or it will not slide (unless its a ball) which causes the harmonics of the motor/trans and rear find this play and makes the shaft vibrate. It may not necessarily be from being out of balance but more of a harmonic like a tuning fork hitting the tube and finding the play in the slider causing the instability in RPM.
Constructed of thin wall tubing and weak slider splines, the factory shaft is lacking in the strength department. With our 5" diameter T-6 aluminum construction and specially made GKN High Speed CV joint, power handling and smoothness is unparralled. Our plunging CV design allows for the take-up of rear end movement, while eliminating the play caused by a traditional slider.
*****DUE TO DRASTIC CHANGES IN SUSPENSION GEOMETRY WITH DROP KITS AND RELOCATION BRACKETS, A FLAT OF TRANSMISSION OUTPUT FLANGE TO FLAT OF DIFF FLANGE MEASUREMENT AT RIDE HEIGHT WILL BE MANDATORY TO INSURE A PROPER FIT.*****
1. 5" Diameter T-6 Aluminum construction.
2. GKN High Speed CV Joint.
3. Genuine Spicer solid 1350 series U-Joint.
4. 300M Chromoly Spline Shaft
5. High quality aluminum flanges and mounting plates.
6. Grade 12.9 Hardware.
7. Rated to 1400+ Horsepower.