APR CI100023 - Closed Carbon Fiber Intake - B8 6/8 Cyl Intake Airbox
*some restrictions apply
- Part Number:
- IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP - See Disclaimer
- DISCLAIMER - THIS ITEM IS A SPECIAL ORDERED PART:
- This item is IN STOCK, but it has a Special Order Return Policy - the product is subject to the special order return and cancellation policy as seen in our terms and conditions. This may result in cancellation restrictions, or higher than normal restocking fees.
APR - CI100023
APR Closed Carbon Fiber Intake - B8 6/8 Cyl Intake Airbox
Intake System; Includes Carbon Fiber Main Inlet Section; Air Filter; M6 Bolts; Carbon Fiber; 4 lbs.;
The APR Closed Carbon Fiber Intake System is an attractive, high-performance upgrade designed to increase performance by letting the engine breathe more freely. Performance is optimized by improving mass airflow through the system, while also adequately filtering the incoming air. The system provides a direct airflow path through the system to the filter, and removes the rubber inlet snorkel, which has been known to collapse under load, and devastate power deliver. Expect increased horsepower, torque, sharper throttle response, enhanced fuel economy, enhanced engine sound, lower intake air temperature (IAT) and a more attractive engine bay! Lastly, 3.0T Supercharged engine customers can take advantage of a larger rear charger inlet pipe, which maximizes mass airflow, and removes a factory sound dampening resonator. Power Gains Using the upgraded air box alone, the 3.0T engine picked up 11 AWHP, and 15 AWHP when adding the rear inlet pipe. This was achieved at only Stage 1 power levels. As airflow requirements increase, so does the potential for more power. Likewise, on the 4.2L FSI V8 we measured 10 HP through the rev range on an otherwise stock vehicle.
- Increased Horsepower And Torque
- Better Throttle Response
- Enhanced Engine Sound
- Pleated Cotton Gauze Filter
- Closed Carbon Fiber System
- All Mounting Hardware Included