Powerbond 25% Harmonic Balancer/Underdrive Pulley - 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro & Firebird and 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO
A popular modification for all 1998-2002 LS1 Camaro or Firebird/Trans Am and 2004-2006 LS1 or LS2 Pontiac GTO, this PowerBond Harmonic Balancer/Underdrive Pulley is 25% underdriven, which will result in an increase in horsepower! It also offers a number of other upgrades over the stock balancer, including higher belt retention walls to help eliminate thrown belts, SFI approval and more! A suitable replacement for the now-discontinued SLP #100221 and #100226.
- Replacement Balancer Bolt and Belts are REQUIRED for Installation, opt for them during checkout here or provide your own
- Camaro & Firebird require Gates Belts #K060763 and #K040378 or equivalent
- GTO requires Gates Belts #K060760 & #K040405 or equivalent
- SFI Approved, Safety Rating: SFI 18.1
- Extra-tall belt-retention "walls" means no more thrown belts!
- No aftermarket tensioner required
- Harmonic Balancer Material: 100% Steel
- Harmonic Balancer Construction: Elastomer
- Harmonic Balancer Finish: Natural
- Integral timing marks and puller-mounting threads
- Keyed for high-rpm or supercharged applications
- Notes: Balancer has 25 percent underdrive
- Does not cause false knock retard or erratic power-curve dips
The PowerBond race series brings the advantages of bonded balancers to high revving and high horsepower street/race applications where an SFI approved balancer is required. PowerBond Race Series balancers have been tested beyond 21,000 RPM without failure. Every PowerBond race series balancer features a precision CNC machined AISI 1045 forged steel hub bonded to an equally strong steel inertia ring. Advanced design means that race series balancers are very light for an all steel product. In most cases they are only marginally heavier than the original cast iron balancer and generally much lighter than other all steel balancers on the market. The steel inertia ring on the race series models is positively protected against forward and backward movement. PowerBond uses our Race Series high pressure, low cure that features a natural rubber developed in our laboratory. Every model has easy to read computer etched timing marks. All PowerBond race series balancers meet SFI specification 18.1.