VCM's over-the-radiator cold air intake kit offers huge horsepower gains by maximizing air flow with a straight ram-air design and massive K&N filter. Because air is pulled in over the radiator, it also feeds much cooler air into your engine than other intakes, resulting in even more horsepower gains. This complete kit includes the infill panel and two side panels. Molded from high-quality, OEM style molded plastic, VCM's kits are some of the nicest on the market and are often even mistaken for a factory part.
You can expect a gain of up to 20-30 HP with this intake over stock, and up to 45-55 HP with a good tune. Click here to see a dyno chart comparing the factory output to this intake with a tune on the Australian Holden VE (known as the Pontiac G8 in the USA).
Below is a dyno test video comparing the VCM OTR intake with various other brands. In this video, made by a shop in New Zealand, they were able to make an additional 29.5 crank HP over the factory intake and 55 crank HP with a tune. This dyno test was on a Holden Commodore (Australian version of the G8)
The kit features a PCV line setup that locates the PCV line after the MAF and eliminates the possibility of a lean code being thrown. The injection molded housing separates for easy filter cleaning or replacement and features an airtight seal to prevent air flow and debris from bypassing the filter.
This kit can be installed with simple hand tools in about 45 minutes. The radiator must be tilted back very slightly and upper radiator mounting brackets are included to achieve the required angle. The intake can be used with aftermarket MAFs and throttle bodies, but may require aftermarket silicone couplers. The intake can also be used in a MAF-less* setup using our adapter kit, sold separately.
Size Comparison - VCM vs. Vararam
Note the difference in intake and filter size!
* MAF-Less version includes couplers required to eliminate the factory MAF and requires a custom speed-density tune.
Features and Benefits
- Big horsepower gains over stock: 20-55 HP typical
- Improves throttle response
- Molded from OEM quality plastic for a factory look and feel
- Infill and side finishing panels sold separately
- Manufactured in Australia and imported by VCM USA, an Improved Racing subsidiary
- 1 x Over-The-Radiator (OTR) Intake
- 1 x K&N air filter, part number KVE-400
- 1 x Extended PCV hose
- 2 x Upper radiator mounting brackets
- All necessary couplers, clamps, and hardware
- 2006-2013 Holden VE Commodore
- 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT & GXP
- 2011-2013 Chevrolet Caprice PPV (V8)