UMI's 2236 weld-in torque arm is a great way to get UMI quality and performance in your 3rd and 4th Gen F-body. The shortened torque arm length improves instant center and provides reduced 60 ft times and enhanced forward traction. The adjustment feature allows for optimizing the pinion angle and ensures a vibration-free driveline at any ride height. The #2236 unit is designed with a straight front cross member to clear tight fitting header/y-pipe set-ups. Since crossmember installation is weld in you have the ability to raise or lower crossmember before welding for perfect clearance. Installation note: Crossmember installation requires welding and cutting to complete installation. Torque arm must be installed with 2-point subframe connectors.
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes torque arm from transmission tail shaft to prevent damage
- Eliminates wheel hop on launch and solves forward traction problems
- Allows for on-car pinion angle adjustments
- Polyurethane bushings designed to keep road noise at a minimum
- Front mounting point utilizes a greaseable pivot point
- Torque arm constructed of 1.250” x 0.120” DOM steel tubing
- Crossmember constructed of 1.500” x 0.120” DOM steel tubing
- TIG Welded 4140 chromoly tube adapters
- On-Car adjuster built using 4140 chromoly steel & heat treated
for maximum strength
- Polyurethane bushings are greaseable to prolong bushing life
- Laser cut plates ensure hole to hole accuracy
- Rear mounting plates use 0.375” thick mild steel
- Fits stock rear end as well as 12-Bolt, 9” & S60 Rear-End Housings.
- Brilliant Durable Red or Black powder coat
Chromoly- Chromoly version uses 1.250" x 0.095" 4130 Chromoly steel and
features 100% TIG welded construction. This adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile.
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit – Through bolt rear axle housings require UMI P/N 3003 to complete installation on factory housings, Strange, Moser 9” and most other housings. UMI P/N 2998 should be used on Moser 12-bolt with the four bolt mount design.