RotoFab Cold Air Intake with Oiled Filter - 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT & GXP - 10161001
*some restrictions apply
- Part Number:
- Special Ordered - Not In Stock
- DISCLAIMER - THIS ITEM IS A SPECIAL ORDERED PART:
- This item is Special Ordered - product is subject to the return and cancellation policy as seen in our terms and conditions. This may result in cancellation restrictions, or higher than normal restocking fees.
Includes Oiled Filter
This is a true Cold Air Intake system designed and molded to fit the Pontiac G8. Our approach was to design a system that incorporates all of the features necessary to maximize performance and air flow without regards to difficulty or tool expense. We started with an air box that is a complete, one-piece molded unit extending downward and outboard of the frame rail. This is crucial since the radiator fans fill the engine compartment with extremely hot air. The box was designed to maximize filter size while creating good alignment for the MAF sensor and the duct work to the throttle body. The open top combined with the hood seal allows the most air possible to all areas of the filter while maintaining a barrier against harmful engine and radiator heat. Also, the exposed filter looks very impressive when you pop your hood!
Which filter do I choose?
- The Oiled Filter is cleaned every 30,000 miles with a cleaning kit, and should last the life of the car. The downside is, if you accidently over oil your filter, oil can get on your MAF sensor and cause the car to not rund right. The dealer may deny warranty service if they can tie the oiled filter to causing the MAF sensor issue.
- The Dry filter requires no oil (and causes no warranty issues) and lasts 60-100,000 miles under normal driving. Once that time has passed you buy a new filter from us, or Roto-fab.