Kooks 1 3/4" Stepped to 1 7/8 x 3" Long Tube Headers (Off Road) - 1993-1997 Chevy Camaro & Pontiac Firebird (5.7L LT1) - 22402300
- Part Number:
- Email us for availability
- Special Ordered
- MADE TO ORDER:
- This Product Is SPECIAL ORDERED. Current Lead Time ETA is 8-12 weeks.
Looking for the best performing, finest American made exhaust header? Look no further than Kooks Custom Headers!
These Long Tube headers feature all 304 Stainless Steel, mandrel bent, TIG welded construction, a 3" merge collector with merge spikes and a leak proof ball & socket connection. They include O2 bungs for all factory O2 sensors. They also include all bolts, gaskets, and hardware to install. These headers also come with Kooks limited lifetime warranty.
This is a special order part, and can be made to order/take longer to ship.
These headers will require a Kooks Y-pipe or True Dual Catback for a bolt on installation to your factory or aftermarket axle back (select in drop downs).
Should I Choose a Y-pipe or Full Dual Catback?
- Y-pipes connect your Kooks headers to your stock split rear exit exhaust
- Kooks True Dual exhaust is a full 3" catback that replaces everything from your headers back with dual 3" piping
The Y-pipe and Dual Exhausts have the following options-
- Off Road - Deletes your catalytic converters.
- High Flow Race Cats - The same catalytic converters the other manufacturer uses. Very high flow, requires a tune to not have check engine lights.
- Ultra High Performance Green Cats - The best catalytic converter you can buy. Rated for 900HP and flows better than standard race cats. In many cases they don't throw check engine lights also.
What is the Difference Between Off Road and Emissions Headers?
- Off Road Headers do not include Air/Egr Fittings. This means if you have EGR or Air still on your car, they will need to be removed or blocked off, and the tune modified as such. Off Road Headers still include all O2 Bungs.
- Emissions Style Headers include fittings to connect to all applicable Air/EGR equipment that came on the car. They also include O2 bungs. These headers are special order and can take a little longer.
What size header should you buy?
- 1 3/4" for stock or otherwise bolt on cars
- 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" for stock, bolt on, or mildly modded cars to about 500rwhp. Basically on a stock car they perform the same as 1 3/4", but give you room to grow.
What is Header Coating?
We offer a number of coating options at a great price. Header coating makes your car run cooler and perform more consistently. It is not 100% necessary on a stainless header like this, but is great for someone who wants an extra edge at the track and lower cabin heat. Coating will add 2-4 weeks to normal order times. If this a concern, please contact us prior to ordering.
About Kooks Headers
Kooks Headers and Exhaust has been the leader in the High Performance Exhaust Industry for over 50 Years! Since 1962, Kooks takes pride in offering the best headers and complete exhaust systems for your street, race and off-road applications. We have won hundreds of championships and set countless records in the NHRA, IHRA, NMCA, NMRA, NASCAR, NASA, SCCA and many other racing organizations. Now with three generations of family leadership, we are proud to say that all of our products are handcrafted here in the USA and we are proud to still be independently owned and operated. And don't forget, "Get Kookin with KOOKS!"